These are the General Terms and Conditions for Groups & Events Reservations of Sircle Collection B.V. (“Sircle Collection”). Sircle Collection is a private company with limited liability incorporated under the laws of The Netherlands, registered with the Dutch Trade Register of the Chamber of Commerce under number 60481924 and has its office at Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 271, 1012 RL, Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Sircle Collection, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, creates and operates hospitality brands, including the following Hotel Brands:
- Sir Hotels
- Max Brown Hotels
- Park Centraal Hotels
(Collectively the “Hotels” and each hotel individually the “Hotel”).
(Collectively the “Hotel Websites”)
These General Terms and Conditions are applicable to all Group Bookings and Event Bookings with Sircle Collection or one of our Hotels and form part of the agreement between the Organiser on the one hand and Sircle Collection and the Hotels on the other hand.
The details of the Hotel Booking, specifying the type of booking, the Check-in Date and Check-in Time, the Check-out Date and the Check-out Time, the number of rooms, the room types, the room rates, the details of the contracting parties and the Guests.
The cancellation of the Event Booking or Group Booking by the Organiser, by Sircle Collection or by the Hotel.
The date of arrival of the Guests as agreed pursuant to the Hotel Agreement.
The Check-in Time is after 15:00 on the Check-in Date as agreed in the Hotel Agreement.
The date of departure of the Guests as agreed in the Hotel Agreement.
The Check-out Time at the Max Brown Hotels is 11:00 on the Check-out Date. For all the other Hotels, the Check-out Time is at 12:00 on the Check-out Date as agreed pursuant to the Hotel Agreement.
The (scope of) occasion(s) of an Event Booking, arranged by the Organiser and taking place in one of the Hotels, in respect of which a Hotel Agreement has been concluded.
A Hotel Booking made by the Organiser relating to one or more Event(s) which will take place in one of the Hotels. Event bookings usually cover one or more (meeting) spaces, but may also include food and beverages (for example a lunch or dinner) and/or hotel rooms for the Guests.
A Hotel Booking concerning, for the Hotels listed in column (A) below, 7 or more rooms and, for the Hotels in column (B) below, 10 or more rooms. Group Bookings solely relate to the booking of hotel rooms for a group of Guests and do not include any Event(s).
Group Booking Table
(A) seven (7) or more rooms
- Max Brown Ku’damm
- Max Brown Midtown
- Max Brown Museum Square
- Max Brown Canal District
- Max Brown Missori
- Sir Joan
- Sir Victor
- Sir Savigny
(B) ten (10) or more rooms
- Park Centraal Amsterdam
- Park Centraal The Hague
- Sir Albert
- Sir Adam
- Max Brown 7th district
- Sir Nikolai
The natural person(s) entitled to one or more Hotel Services from the Hotel based on a Hotel Agreement entered into between the Organiser and Sircle Collection or one of the Hotels.
The agreement and subsequent agreements or renewals thereof between the Organiser and Sircle Collection or one of the Hotels regarding one or more Hotel Services to be provided by the Hotel at a price to be paid by the Organiser.
A booking made by the Organiser to make use of the Hotel Services. A Hotel Booking can be a Group Booking or/and an Event Booking.
The provision of services by the Hotel, relating to accommodation, food, beverages, (meeting) spaces and/or premises, including all activities and services relating thereto, all in the broadest sense.
The natural person or legal entity, which has entered into a Hotel Agreement with Sircle Collection or the Hotel with regard to a Group Booking or/and an Event Booking.
A guestroom reservation pursuant to the Hotel Agreement.
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions for Group Bookings or/and Event Bookings.
2. Booking process
- A Group Booking or Event Booking can be made through the booking departments of the Hotels, via the Hotel Websites or via third parties (such as online travel agencies). Sircle Collection or the Hotel will provide the Organiser with a Hotel Agreement reflecting the Booking Details.
- After Sircle Collection/the Hotel has received a copy of the Hotel Agreement signed by the Organiser, Sircle Collection/the Hotel will confirm the booking per email.
- In the event of an overbooking, Sircle Collection and the Hotels are entitled to offer the Organiser alternative hotel accommodation of comparable quality. If the Organiser does not accept this offer, the Organiser is entitled to terminate the Hotel Agreement with immediate effect. Sircle Collection and the Hotels cannot be held liable for any damages arising from such termination or overbooking.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to all Hotel Agreements entered into between the Organiser and Sircle Collection or the Hotels. By making a booking, the Organiser undertakes to comply with these Terms and Conditions and ensures that each Guest is informed about the Terms and Conditions and observes these Terms and Conditions.
- For Group Bookings and Event Bookings, the Booking Details of the Hotel Booking and Hotel Agreement reflect the applicable prices and rates.
- All prices are given in Local Currency (including VAT and service charges). The Hotels charge tourism tax subject to the local municipality rules applicable to the Hotels. Unless agreed otherwise, the Organiser will pay the tourism tax for all Guests.
- Any price modifications due to changes in Country law shall be borne by the Organiser.
- The Hotels reserve the right to charge extra for special services, such as the use of a cloakroom, parking, laundry, telephone, internet, beamers, TV rental, etc.
- The Organiser has to pay the price stipulated in the Hotel Agreement. The payment conditions and bank details of the Hotel can be found in the Hotel Agreement.
- Any payment to Sircle Collection or the Hotels must be made in Local Currency. Sircle Collection and the Hotels reserve the right to refuse payments in cash, by giro payment cards, by bank cheque or other means of payment, or to set conditions to these payments.
- The Organiser and the Guests are jointly and severally liable for the amounts that one of them or both of them may owe to Sircle Collection or the Hotel. Unless agreed otherwise, the Hotel Agreement is considered to be concluded jointly on behalf of every Guest and the Organiser. By checking in and/or showing up at the Hotel, the Guest acknowledges the content of the Hotel Agreement, and acknowledges that the Organiser is competent to represent the Guest in concluding the Hotel Agreement.
- The Hotel reserves the right to retain any goods that the Guests or the Organiser keep in the Hotel as long as the Organiser and/or the Guests have not fulfilled their (payment) obligations under the Hotel Agreement.
- Unless agreed otherwise, all invoices are payable as per the date of issuance of the invoice. Should the amounts due remain outstanding for a period of longer than 14 days, the Hotel reserves the right to, at its own discretion, charge 2% interest per month or, if higher, the legal interest on the outstanding amount.
- If and insofar the Organiser fails to pay in time, the Organiser is in default of payment without prior notice of default from Sircle Collection or the Hotel.
- If the Organiser is in default of payment, the Organiser shall be obliged to pay Sircle Collection and/or the Hotel compensation for all costs incurred as a result thereof, both judicial and extrajudicial, in accordance with applicable law.
5. Check-In and Check-Out
- The Check-in Date and Check-in Time can be found in the Hotel Agreement. In case of earlier arrival, luggage may be put in storage at the Hotel (subject to availability).
- The Check-out Date and Check-out Time can be found in the Hotel Agreement. In case of later departure, luggage may be put in storage at the Hotel (subject to availability).
- Any unpaid invoices of the Organiser and/or Guests will have to be paid at check- out. In case any unpaid invoices are not paid at check-out, these invoices will be charged on the credit card on file.
6. Closing date reservations for Group Bookings
For Group Bookings, the Organiser has to send an overview of the Reservations and a list of names of the Guests to the Hotel no later than 14 days before the day of arrival. Any Reservations made later than 14 days before the day of arrival can only be accepted by the Hotel if there are sufficient rooms available.
7. Cancellation of Group or Event Bookings by Sircle Collection or the Hotel
- After the Organiser has signed the Hotel Agreement, and Sircle Collection/the Hotel has confirmed the Group Booking or Event Booking, the Hotel will reserve the required accommodation, conference rooms and guestrooms for the Organiser.
- Sircle Collection and/or the Hotel have the right to cancel the Hotel Agreement at all times, without being liable for any damages incurred by the Organiser or the Guests, in case:
- the Organiser fails to adhere to the terms as laid down in the Hotel Agreement or in these Terms and Conditions;
- the Organiser fails to pay the amounts due under the Hotel Agreement and such failure is not cured within 14 days following written notice hereof by Sircle Collection or the Hotel;
- the Event or any of the Organiser’s or Guests’ actions might cause or is causing damages to (the reputation or premises of) Sircle Collection or the Hotel;
- of dissolution of the Organiser, whether voluntarily or by operation of law;
- the Organiser files for bankruptcy or becomes bankrupt, requests for a postponement of payment, enters into liquidation or is involved in any insolvency or reorganisation proceedings;
- circumstances of force majeure occur (see clause 15).
8. Cancellation of Group Bookings by the Organiser
- Depending on the cancellation policy of the Group Booking, the Organiser may cancel the Group Booking by giving written notice to the Hotel. The applicable cancellation policy for the Group Booking can be found in the Hotel Agreement.
- In case of a no-show of one or more Guest(s), the Hotel is entitled to charge the relevant guest rooms for the full period of the Hotel Booking. The reservation for these specific rooms will be cancelled for the entire stay and will be made available to other guests.
9. Cancellation of Event Bookings by the Organiser
- Depending on the cancellation policy of the Event Booking, the Organiser may cancel the Event Booking by giving written notice to the Hotel. The applicable cancellation policy for the Event Booking can be found in the Hotel Agreement.
- In case of late cancellation by the Organiser of one or more Guests who will be attending the Event, the Hotel is entitled to charge the contracted rates (as laid down in the Hotel Agreement) for the full period of the Event Booking.
10. Alterations in number of guest rooms and/or participants for Group and Event Bookings
- Any alterations to the Group Booking, the Event Booking, the program of the Event or to the number of participants of the Group or Event Booking, may lead to an adjustment of the agreed price for the Hotel Services to be provided by the Hotel. All alterations must be agreed upon between the Organiser and the Hotel in writing. The Organiser may not independently make any alterations, additions or deletions to (the wording of) the Hotel Agreement. Such alterations, additions and deletions are ineffective.
- The Organiser may alter the number of guestrooms of the Group Booking or the number of participants of the Event Booking by giving written notice to the Hotel. Depending on the cancellation policy, the Hotel may charge the Organiser for reducing the number of guestrooms and/or the number of participants. In case of such an alteration, The Hotel may charge the fees as indicated in the Hotel Agreement. The applicable cancellation policy can be found in the Hotel Agreement.
11. Guaranteed number of Guests for Event Bookings
- The definite number of Guests for Event Bookings must be made known to the Hotel no later than 7 days before the commencement date of the Event. In case of an alteration in the number of Guests, the Hotel may charge fees as indicated in the Hotel Agreement, dependent on the applicable cancellation policy as agreed in the Hotel Agreement.
- If the Hotel is not notified of the guaranteed number at least 7 days before the event, the number given in the Hotel Agreement will automatically become the guaranteed number. The Hotel will provide Hotel Services based on this guaranteed number.
- The accounts payable will be based on the guaranteed number. Any deviations in the number of actual Guests below the guaranteed number will not be considered in the accounts payable. In case of deviations in the number of actual Guests above the guaranteed number, this actual number will form the basis for the accounts payable.
- In case the definite number of Guests is increased by 5% or more than the guaranteed number, the Hotel cannot guarantee the unimpeded provision of the Hotel Services (for example, the Hotel cannot guarantee that they will be able to serve the required amount of dishes). This will not constitute a breach of any of the Hotel’s obligations under the Hotel Agreement.
12. Use of facilities and liability
- After prior consent of the Hotel, the Organiser may bring objects into the guest rooms and conference rooms assigned to the Organiser and/or Guests, such as objects for purposes of exhibition, presentation and advertisement.
- In case the Organiser takes such objects into the Hotel, the Organiser shall take every possible precaution to enable the Hotels to operate normally and shall refrain from causing any damage or inconvenience to the Hotel, its guests or surroundings.
- The Organiser shall refrain its Guests from causing any damage to the hotel building, including its furnishings, fittings, installations and equipment. Without the prior consent of the Hotel, the Organiser may not attach objects to the walls.
- The Organiser is liable for any excessive wear and tear as well as any damages to the Hotel’s facilities or rooms, irrespective of whether these damages have been caused by the Organiser itself, its employees, assistants or Guests.
- The Organiser is liable for all damages which have occurred and/or may occur to the Hotel and/or Sircle Collection and/or any third party as a direct or indirect result of any breach of the Hotel Agreement and/or any wrongful act committed by the Organiser, one of the Guests or anyone accompanying them, as well as for all damage caused by animals, objects or substances that are in the Organiser’s possession or under its supervision.
13. Limitation of liability
- The provisions of this clause are without prejudice to any rights of the Organiser or the Guest(s) under mandatory law that cannot be deviated from. Sircle Collection does not intend to exclude or limit any liability that cannot be excluded or limited under the applicable laws.
- Sircle Collection and the Hotels are not liable for damages or loss of goods which have been brought into the Hotel by the Organiser or Guests, including goods that are stored in a safe. The Organiser indemnifies Sircle Collection and the Hotels against claims from Guests in this respect.
- Sircle Collection and the Hotels cannot be held liable for direct or indirect damages as a consequence of the Organiser’s or Guests’ use of the Hotel or Hotel Services, including and without limitation damages and losses resulting from fire or robbery.
- Sircle Collection and the Hotels are not liable for damages whatsoever suffered by the Organiser or the Guests, unless the Hotel is grossly at fault. This limitation of liability applies in particular to any damages resulting from consuming foods prepared or served by the Hotel, and to damages resulting from IT related problems.
- Sircle Collection and the Hotels cannot be held liable for any damages of the Organiser or Guest(s) caused to by third parties.
- Sircle Collection and the Hotels cannot be held liable for any damages caused by vehicles belonging to the Organiser, any of the Guests, or third parties.
- The Organiser indemnifies Sircle Collection and the Hotels in full against any claim that any of the Guests or a third party may have against Sircle Collection or the Hotels, provided that this claim relates to Hotel Services provided by the Hotel under the Hotel Agreement.
- In case the Hotel is liable for damages caused by gross negligence or intent of the Hotel, such liability will not exceed the amount under the Hotel’s insurance coverage in respect of any damages suffered by the Organiser and/or the guests.
14. Renovation works
The Hotels reserve the right to carry out renovation works in parts of the Hotels and/or the surrounding areas of the Hotels. Such renovation works will not affect the day-to- day operation of those parts of the Hotel and will not constitute a breach of any of the Hotel’s obligations under the Hotel Agreement. The Hotel shall take every reasonable measure to minimize any inconveniences resulting from renovating works. The Hotels do not accept any liability for any claims or damages arising from such renovation works.
15. Force Majeure
- The term force majeure includes, but is not limited to, the following circumstances: (threat of) war, epidemic disease, decisions by governments or governing authorities (including advice against traveling or gathering in large group), civil unrest, strikes, acts of war, fire, flood, water damage, acts undertaken by the government, general outages of gas, electricity, closure of airports or ports, terrorist activity, natural and nuclear disasters, water or internet disruptions that makes the performance of the Hotel Agreement by Sircle Collection and/or the Hotel impossible (each a Force Majeure Event).
- Sircle Collection and the Hotels shall not be in breach of the Hotel Agreement and cannot be held liable for any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of its obligations under the Hotel Agreement, if such delay or nonperformance results from a Force Majeure Event.
- In case of a Force Majeure Event, Sircle Collection and the Hotels are entitled to temporarily suspend or terminate the Hotel Agreement.
- Sircle Collection and the Hotels are not liable for any damages suffered by the Organiser or the Guest(s) as a result of a Force Majeure Event.
- When a Force Majeure Events occurs, the affected party shall as soon as reasonably practicable notify the other party of such a Force Majeure Event.
16. Changes to Terms and Conditions
Sircle Collection reserves the right to change or revoke the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
17. Applicable law and dispute resolution
- The Hotel Agreement and these Terms and Conditions, as well as any other (subsequent) agreements regarding any Group Booking or Event Booking, shall be governed by Dutch law.
- Any disputes arising out or in connection with any Group or Event Booking or these Terms and Conditions shall be brought exclusively before the competent court(s) located in Amsterdam.