We're taking steps in local community engagement, charity involvement, and environmental efforts. This includes responsible employment, sustainable food & beverage procurement, reduced energy consumption, and enhanced waste management. We're also committed to reporting our emissions comprehensively (Scope 1, 2, and 3) to boost our transparancy & sustainability. .
To help us with this mission, we've partnered with EarthCheck, a leading sustainable tourism research and certification group for sustainable destinations. Our goal is to achieve EarthCheck certified status for all our hotels. Currently, three hotels have earned this certification, and we're aiming to have the rest certified in 2024.
“Together, through practice, we learn to become better guests of this planet.”
— CEO Bram Van Der Hoek
Our Core Principles
Care for People
Transparency & Benchmarking
Leaving the World a Better Place
Our Key Partners
What we currently do
- From 2024, Sircle Impact will become our new ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) and sustainability strategy for Sircle collection. The goal of the strategy is to reduce our environmental and social impact through a variety of projects, including water & energy saving measures, sustainable food & drink procurement, and community and charitable events; including beach cleanups, donation drives, and working with the vulnerable in our local communities)
- Implement green technology wherever possible, such as Lutron, an energy-saving sensor, in guest rooms at Ibiza's Sir Joan, LED lighting, and a monitoring system to ensure that we keep track of our gas and electricity consumption.
- We currently source renewable energy for about 30% if our properties. We will increase this number over the coming years.
- Community Engagement through Sir Cares: Our Sir Cares charity initiative, under Sir Hotels, continues to give back to local communities, making a meaningful difference in the lives of those we touch.
- Exclusive use of Zenology products in guest rooms and public spaces. Zenology is a line of eco-friendly* , cruelty free, re-fillable, and microplastics free home and beauty products.
- Food Waste Reduction: Partnering with Too Good to Go, we actively reduce food waste at Max Brown Hotels and Park Centraal Hotels, reinforcing our commitment to responsible hospitality.
- Implemented policies to reduce our environmental impact through our new hospitality construction projects with a focus on recycled products, reuse of existing material, up-cycling of existing furniture, and the donation of existing items to local charities and the community instead of disposal. These principle can be seen in our new opening – Max Brown Missori.
- Pursuing Earthcheck certification on all hotels. We currently have 3 hotels certified and 10 hotels benchmarked.
- Pursuing BREEAM certification on our assets, with 2 hotels currently BREEAM certified.
*Eco-friendly determined on 3rd party information from the manufacturer and cannot be guaranteed.
Have any feedback? Send us your ideas and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org